terrario para P.grandis -Bestial-

kiridanxelon

Puntos de reacción
Buenas,
pues merodeando un poco porel ciberespacio he encontrado en este web, esto:
http://www.geckosunlimited.com/community/naturalistic-vivarium/74492-my-vivarium-phelsuma-mad-grandis.html

8zf8.jpg

5a3k.jpg

¿Qué os parece? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Buh

Puntos de reacción
Me gusta un montón! Solo le pongo una pega y es que no soy nada partidario de poner bambú "cortado", me gusta que el bambú llegue hasta arriba del todo para que de más continuidad al terrario, pero esta genial!

AdrY

Puntos de reacción
Me parece bonito pero los grandis lo van a cagar y destrozar en un mes como muchisimo esta reducido a trizas.... ;) ;)

Es muy poco funcional, no tiene puntos de soleamiento horizontales para los geckos, en fin, mucho verde pero no totalmente adecuado.

Saludos
Rainforest (AdrY)

CarCarlson

Puntos de reacción
La verdad que es una autentica pasada de terrario. Pero es verdad que es poco practico, para mi va antes lo practico, y luego lo estetico, hay que entender que los animales tienen poco gusto por la estetica, por no decir ninguno. Aunque la verdad es que una virgueria de terrario, quien pillara uno de esos jajaja

piti123

Puntos de reacción
Hello, I am the author of this vivarium. I have set it 6 years ago and have had Phelsumas in there ever since. As you can see the plants are doing well, geckos do not destroy the plants as somebody suggested it above. It is not only about aesthetics, my goal is to do my best and provide the living of my geckos as close to the nature as I can. In my opinion it is about ethics.

I assure you that geckos are doing very well and have multiple both horizontal and vertical places to hang out. I agree though, that the enclosure could be a little bit taller.

I hope my tank will inspire some ppl and they'll provide more natural conditions for their geckos. It really takes very little effort!

Cheers!

reptil99

Puntos de reacción
Piti, el terrario esta chulo. Tu dices que tiene puntos de asolamiento horizontales, pero yo no los veo.
Este terrario me parecería mas adecuado para ranas o para geckos diurnos mas pequeños

piti123

Puntos de reacción
Well. You can't really see it probably because of the foliage ;). I guess you would have to come and see it in person to investigate it properly. Pictures are only pictures. I am not going to draw an arrows in Paint or Gimp to show them, I think this is not a point right? ;) But again, over the years I have seen many Phelsuma vivs and mine is not an exception here, albeit it is true that it is mainly dart frog keepers that have their tanks with orchids, bromeliads, Peperomias, Begonias, Gesnerialds etc. In my opinion this is largely because dart frogs are much more fragile. Phelsumas are more robust and forgiving, their demands are lower and keepers can be more negligent. But I can't see why gecko keepers shouldn't pay more attention to the plants and natural look of the vivs as well. It can only be beneficial.
Also, I have been advised by Americans to get a viv of that size. From what I have noticed, there is the tendency that generally Americans keep Phelsumas in slightly smaller vivs and Europeans in bigger. But is there any difference? No evidence for that. Still, I prefer bigger ones, just in case, I agree on that. If I started now, I would buy 15 cm taller viv.

Please write in english if you can, otherwise I have to translate in google translator ;)

Cheers!

Ronn8991

Puntos de reacción
I will!!

Hello piti, first congrats for this amazing terrarium. Im sure yu've been very bussy with it!! But I think that is very difficult to clean or replace plants or something like that just because of those beautiful plants hahaha.

Congratulations for this terrarium, your Grandis will be very happy with it for sure!!

reptil99

Puntos de reacción
Perdona por hablarte en español pero en ingles casi va a ser peor porque entiendo lo justo :p
Los grandis te mantienen el terra igual que el primer dia?

piti123

Puntos de reacción
Thank you Ronn. Actually, I was not that busy with it, I spent most of time reading ;). Once all the fixture and plants were set up it just took time. As for cleaning - I clean once per 2-3 months. I prefer to interfere as small as possible. I leave cleaning to isopods and springtails haha :). But to replace the plant you need to pull it gently out as the roots get attached to the wall, you're right.

reptil99, yes, grandis were inside since they were small, I bought first one when it was 1 month old, second grandis came later. But they have been inside this terrarium from the first day, so this terrarium was becoming mature with geckos in it ;). I don't know if you know this, but geckos utilize Van der Waal's forces in order to stick to surface. I guess this is the reason why they are not interested in walking on plants - they need to make sure that the nano-structures on their feet, setae, remain clear, not ,,stucked". Dirty setae are useless and gecko can't climb in result.

I have only one picture of this terrarium in the beginning, and second is from some time later on, you can see how it was changing:

Adjuntos

• IMG_1918.JPG
    IMG_1918.JPG
    1,2 MB · Visitas: 305
  • Obraz 017.jpg
    Obraz 017.jpg
    1,3 MB · Visitas: 356